Jun 30, 2022
Kristen & Nate Hedrick to
discuss their journey in paying off $250k of student loan debt,
their motivation and why for aggressively paying off the debt, and
the role a side hustle and real estate investing played to help
them achieve their goal.
Key Points From This Episode
- Kristen’s background, how she ended up in
pharmacy, and what she’s doing now.
- What their student loan debt looked like at its
- How student debt can creep up and surprise
- The initial feelings the couple had towards
their debt and their plans to pay it off.
- What motivated our guests to come up with an
aggressive plan for paying back their debt.
- How a life-changing event (and a book) in 2016
- The global pandemic as a moment of
- What they had to change in their lives to be
able to make the monthly repayments.
- Paying off debt now versus investing for the
- The way the couple used ‘double motivation’ to
reconcile an age-old debate.
- How our guests were able to raise a child,
invest, and pay off a huge debt at the same time.
- Nate’s decision to pursue real estate investing
and what that meant for their debt repayments.
- The approach the couple has taken to make real
estate investing work for their family.
- Other strategies that helped to pay off the
debt aside from cutting expenses and real estate
- The benefits of receiving objective,
- What life is like now after paying off their
- How paying off the debt helped Nate make an
important career decision.
- Kristen’s advice for the pharmacist struggling
- Nate’s parting words of
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode