Apr 23, 2022
Todd Strumpfer, a senior account
executive at Cost Segregation Services, Inc., discusses
depreciation, its importance in real estate investing, and why
pharmacist real estate investors should consider cost segregation
services for their properties.
Key Points From This Episode
- Welcome to Todd Strumpfer, senior account
executive at Cost Segregation Services, Inc.
- What depreciation is from a tax standpoint, and
how it differs from the property dropping in value.
- Breaking down the lump depreciation value into
- Why cost segregation is beneficial to owners in
the short term.
- How tax cuts accelerate depreciation
- Why the state of a property when bought doesn’t
affect the tax benefits.
- The common mistakes and misunderstandings Todd
sees in this field.
- The relationships between CPAs and tax
planners, and how they differ.
- Todd’s suggestions on how to optimize your tax
situation: why vacation properties are so beneficial.
Links Mentioned on Today’s