Jan 27, 2022
Dr. DeLon Canterbury recounts
how early setbacks motivated him to start a business in the middle
of a pandemic and how his personal ‘why’ shaped the work he is
doing to help solve the problem of mismanaged medications in the
Key Points From This Episode
- How DeLon's love of medicine was inspired by
his mother's expertise in herbology.
- What moved him to get his Board Certified
Geriatric Pharmacy degree.
- The recognizable dark road that almost led him
out of the profession.
- How the experience of not getting into
residency turned out to be a blessing in
- How DeLon's involvement with community helped
him learn to lead by service.
- The pivot point that reinvigorated his passion
- The power of patient advocacy and teaching
patients to advocate for themselves.
- About his work with a local nonprofit for older
patients and what services they provide.
- Hear about the care GeriatRx provides, from
advocacy to deprescribing methods.
- DeLon's moving story of his 'Why' and becoming
the voice for caregivers and patients.
- Some of the groups he works with and their
incredible service to underserved people.
- A story of being an expert medical witness and
the ugly part of families and elderly care.
- Getting into the finances; how he got the
capital to create this business.
- Learning to articulate his value when he was
- DeLon shares some great entrepreneurship advice
for his fellow pharmacists out there.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode