Jun 23, 2022
YFP Co-Founder & Director of
Financial Planning, Tim Baker, CFP®, RLP® is joined by YFP Planning
Lead Planners, Kelly Reddy-Heffner, CFP®, CSLP®, CDFA®, and Robert
Lopez, CFP® to walk you through a financial planning case study
on planning for retirement,
saving for kids’ college, and paying off debt.
Key Points From This Episode
- Getting to know Fiona and Rob
- The home, work, and financial portfolios of our
case study couple.
- Fiona and Rob’s investment accounts and
- Diving into tax concerns.
- Your children’s education versus building your
retirement fund – conflicting goals.
- How to prioritize conflicting
- Some innovative ways to lower the costs of
- How to use 401Ks, RSUs, and other investment
accounts wisely, for investing in your goals.
- Delaying retirement and waiting to claim Social
- A closer look at whether their particular
investment accounts work for their specific
- Unpacking the target date fund and traditional
- What to consider when paying a mortgage in
- Your age concerning your debt, and if there is
reason to panic.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode