Nov 27, 2021
Jamie Wilkey discusses how she
built her pharmacy consulting business and how she teaches and
empowers other pharmacists to do the same.
Key Points From This Episode
- Nate shares how he is peaking as a real estate
agent at exactly the wrong time of year.
- David and Nate weigh in on how hard it is to
get anything without going over list price.
- How real estate is a more time-intensive
investment strategy than the traditional forms.
- An introduction to today’s guest, pharmacist
and entrepreneur, Jamie Wilkey.
- The story of how she started out as a side
hustle before creating a full-time opportunity for
- Why she considers the personal development
aspect of her career to be the most important.
- How creating a side hustle allows for
creativity without the pressure of building a career.
- The bottleneck effect that you create when you
try to do everything yourself.
- What bringing a team on board has enabled her
to do: free up her time and be a leader.
- $10 tasks, how she defines them and how they
benefit your business by freeing up time.
- The benefit that hiring a virtual assistant to
do your $10 tasks can bring to your business.
- What she has gained by reaching out to
strangers and asking them to share their wisdom.
- How acting, asking questions and just taking
the first step gives you confidence.
- Why there is no wrong choice and picking
something that appeals to you pays off.
- Her recommendation that you find what you love
- Why looking for the quickest buck only gets you
so far in comparison to loving what you do.
- A strategy she uses to stay working on the
business, not in the business: time blocking.
- The most helpful non-pharmacy resource she has
- Jamie’s advice for pharmacists considering
entrepreneurship: believe in yourself that you can do it and to
take an action every day that moves you closer to that
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode