Dec 18, 2021
Eric Geyer of Political
Pharmacist details his last decade in real estate and shares how to
scale your business from house hacking to making passive
Key Points From This Episode
- Get to know our guest, Eric, and his pharmacy
- Hear about his first buy in 2010 and how the
ball started rolling from there.
- Eric shares some of the challenges of their
second buy; a 10-unit apartment building.
- Using pharmacy skills to do the math, and the
difficulty of getting a commercial loan.
- He shares a problematic thing he quickly
discovered when buying commercial property.
- Outlining the financial details of their loan
and how they made it work.
- How and why the banks view the property as a
- One thing Eric recommends doing that provides
- The different skill sets of Eric and his
partner, and the importance of having your team to back you
- Some technology organizational tools that they
- When you should hire a property manager, and
when you can do it on your own!
- How they sold the second property, and the
process of upgrading to a bigger building.
- What a triple net lease is, and the balance of
profitability versus time and effort.
- The third property purchase, and a bit more
about amortization and early penalties.
- What Eric's next goal is.
- Eric shares a tangible strategy for making sure
your investing works with your pharmacy career.
- Eric's top resources and some great advice that
helped him on his successful journey.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode