Feb 26, 2022
Stewart Olney, PharmD and
Elizabeth Olney, Realtor discuss their real estate investing path
from house hacking by renting out a spare room to motel hacking and
building a real estate business through hotel and motel
Key Points From This Episode
- Introducing today’s guests Stewart Olney,
PharmD, and Elizabeth Olney.
- Stewart’s journey as a pharmacist and how that
ties into his introduction to real estate.
- Why Airbnb has been an integral tool for
Stewart and Elizabeth’s real estate journey.
- Stewart and Elizabeth’s limited budget after
her first pregnancy.
- How YouTube initially helped them with doing
all the rehabilitation work themselves.
- How they learned from the mistakes of others as
well as trial and error.
- Why Stewart describes their approach as ‘house
- How moving into the homes they purchased
unlocked access to advantageous financing.
- The story of how they purchased the motel in
which they currently live.
- How they have used technological innovations
and AirBnB services to automate and streamline their check-in and
- A breakdown of their plan to purchase and run
another motel in their area.
- Insights into commercial loans and how they
differ from other loans.
- Why getting outside help with property
management has had such a positive impact on their
- The resources that have had the biggest impact
on their real estate journey.
- Their top advice for any pharmacist who wants
to start investing in real estate.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode